What did the SpartanNerd do on his vacation to North Myrtle Beach??? Here is a list, with notes…
1. Swimming…Everyday. I got the SpartanSmurfs input on a name change for them for this blog. SpartanSmurf #1 will now be called SpartanTeen. And SpartanSmurf #2 will now be called SpartanKid.
See. That swimming time was a great time to discuss the important things in life. I also spent the time to discuss Nature vs. Nurture with them, as well as the idea of Predestination vs. Free Will…and Plato’s Cave!
2. Fishing…I have had a good run of fishing lately. Mostly with rubber worms. But they didn’t work in the marsh at the RV Resort where we were staying. But the frozen shrimp did!
3. Nerd Stuff Hunting….I was looking for a few specific things…6-Inch Darth Maul Star Wars Black Figure…Marvel Select Thanos…DC Comics from November 1982…and Spawn #10.
of these, I found two. Thanos wasn’t costed cheapskate enough for me at $30. But I found Spawn #10! For $4.25!
4. Magic The Gathering Core 2015 (M15) Set Pre-Release…This was a seeded sealed deck tournament. Normally I don’t do well with sealed deck. But this time I crafted the greatest deck! I will get to the specifics in my next blog entry, but I made it to the top 4 and we split the winnings!
5. Masters of the Universe Comics Marathon Reading…25 comics in 6 days. Ka-Bamm! (Except issues 7 and 8. the art is really bad in those two.)
6. Cable TV Watching. There really isn’t anything on, is there? Good thing I just have NetFlix at home!
7. Aquarium…We visited the NC State Aquarium at Fort Fisher. It was…OK. Really the best part was the Butterfly Bungalow. Fort Fisher was a complete DUD, however. The best part was riding on the ferry from Southport to Fort Fisher and back.
8. Eating at restaurants…The Biscuit Shack…ahem, The Shack is great food. We also ate at…Becks Calabash, K&W Cafeteria, Big Daddy’s (In Fort Fisher…Ewww), and IHOP.
9. Eating at Home…We shopped at the Wal-Mart so fiscally responsible that we had exactly enough food to eat seven breakfasts and lunches/dinners.
10. Not playing guitar, recording music, singing, leading worship, blogging, or teaching… It is good to take a break for awhile. It helps you get refreshed. Now I will try and finish my album before school starts back!